Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Jaded


Cooking dinner, drinking tea, and thinking about my day...

So my break is over.  Work is back in full swing...bit of a crazy day, but at least I just have two days left for this week.  Thank goodness my classes don't start until Monday.  One weekend left of freeeeedom.

I'm being set up (we're talking dating here, not being framed...heh..it takes so little to humor me today), and I'm not sure how I feel about it.  My current stance is eh, I guess why not? I'm usually more of a could be fun! type, but I'm a bit burned out on all this. 

Why do things have to be so complicated and confusing?  What is the purpose of it?  Is that just part of the process that lets you know when you find someone that is more "right" for you than the others?  No weirdness = possibility?  I'm usually pretty insightful and good at reading people, but in this arena I'm left scratching my head.  There is a definite societal dance involved in this process.  Maybe I'm in the wrong room because I don't know this dance.  Everybody seems to have a different opinion on the topic, and books are usually cliche or just want you to play games.  Booo to that!  I hate games...that stuff should end in your teens.  I'm afraid I'm getting jaded.  I don't want to live in jaded-land because that's just a sad place to be.

Well, I'll look at the positive -- I'm assured that this guy does not hunt.  That's near the top of my no-go list.  Can't be dating a Bambi killer..then I really would be sad.  heh    ...yes, the meat I buy at the grocery store just magically appears...thanks for asking  ; )

Nothing like the return to work to make you bump into reality again!

ps -- I hate leaving things with a *thud* so below is something that made me laugh so hard I had tears rolling down my face.  Could have just been one of those days, but if you're anything like me you'll at least get a giggle or teehee from imagining it.

No comments: