Monday, December 10, 2012

Gold Star #2



No work, no school but yet I was up before 7am again this morning!  ..blargh..  I'm usually such a good sleeper..what the heck's going on?  Maybe I'm in shock from my stress level plummeting from 4,230,789.54 to 1.4.  I know, I know...what a measly thing to complain about...but I love my sleep, guys.   Keeps me more on the perky side.   

*ahem, moving on*


Things to do today
  • Figure out what parts I need for a stereo.  A friend gave me a sweet stereo system that her ex-husband left behind (will be clearing this sucker of bad juju...lol).  It came with the power cord but all other cables and wires are missing.  Should be interesting
  • Decide what I'll be making for a work party on Saturday.  We usually don't have enough desserts, so that's what I'm going to bring.  I saw an interesting red velvet trifle in a magazine that I may make...it being all red and festive, and what not.  I may make peanut brittle also?  or cranberry ginger cake? amaretto soaked cherries dipped in white chocolate?  I was told not to bring anything weird. LOL  I take that as a compliment when people tell me that..haha.  (Yes, I've been told that multiple times...)  What's so weird about Indian spice cookies or Scandinavian cardamom bread?  ...come on people, step outside that box!
  • Mop.  How I loathe to mop.  I've put it off for too long, so I need to do it today...  I have a Roomba (vacuum robot) that I love to pieces, but I so don't want to spring for the mop version.  $500 - heck no!  I'm low on my cleaning supplies...so I need to go to the dreaded Wal-mart. Eh, geez...crowds, buggies in the middle of the aisle, screaming children running into me....good times
  • Read!  I hope it's rainy all day because I love to read when it rains.  Hot tea, candles lit, a blanket, and a good book = awesomeness 

No comments: