Thursday, December 20, 2012

Where Country Music Goes to Die


Leaving tomorrow am to ride with the family to Branson, MO to see family.  Branson is one of my many ideas for what hell could look like.  My apologies to any of you guys that love it...that city and I just don't jive.  My grandfather moved there when I was a teenager, and I remember him telling me how much I'd love it there.  He said this to a girl with (at the time) multiple piercings, who wore mostly dark clothes or thrift store finds, and who had jacked-up hair.  Bless him.

Papaw was a sweetie.  He loved some country and bluegrass music.  The main rule at his house was that you didn't touch the thermostat or change the TV station from TNN.  That's The Nashville Network for all those not in the know or for the young'ins.  So I've seen plenty of Hee Haw and Grand Ole Opry.  God, help me.  I still have a soft spot for Dolly Parton & Reba McIntyre from those days though! 

SO glad I'm not driving there because I hate driving when there's ice on the road.  I turn into a grandma.  Hydroplaned (is that what it's called for ice??)  once and it scared me for life.  Mountains + ice = me, terrified

Since I'm on the topic of driving, I'll share with you a pet peeve of mine --  People that don't use their freaking blinkers!  It's a basic form of driver communication and common courtesy.  Get with it people!  If I wasn't afraid of getting shot, I would soooo have this bumper sticker on my car...


No comments: