Saturday, November 3, 2012

Autumnal


I've deleted my old posts to start fresh.  Things change, you change...so TADA!  A new first post

Now, onto said theme of this post...fall.  How I adore autumn!  It'd be the perfect time of year to travel the US to see nature, if it weren't for having to work.  Drat!!   (Kidding, karmic gods...I love having a job and my awesome coworkers.  Man, I can get off a train of thought with lightning speed.  ..But there is something beautiful and happy about going with the flow.  You never know where you'll end up, and that excites me.)



Anywhoo, a list of things to love about autumn
      • The changing colors of the leaves
      • The smell in the wind.  It's uniquely fall..rain, chimney smoke, decaying leaves.  It makes me smile.
      • Cooler weather - which in the South is always a good thing
      • Which leads to wearing sweaters, scarfs, and other such coziness
      • Drinking hot tea and apple cider -- I dig being warm & fuzzy (see above)
      • Looking forward to long breaks off from work for Thanksgiving & Christmas
      • The process of selecting just the right gifts for family and friends for Christmas

3 comments:

Ben Arnold said...

Your first picture reminds me of the university I attended. It always had that hip fall look.

mimosa said...

Ooh, I wish I had gone to such a scenic university! (No offense, USM!) Probably better that I didn't though, I would have likely ditched class on such days to wander around campus, read, and drink coffee.

Where did you go to school?

Ben Arnold said...

Where haven't I gone to school is a better question.