Thursday, November 22, 2012

Good Stuff



I have a lot to be thankful for but the one I want to talk about here is the end of this semester.  By the time I finish my degree, I'm guessing you all will be thinking Thank God, she'll shut up about it now!  But until then.....

You may ask...What is so bad about the program I am in?  Well, there is this one crazy professor.  By crazy, I mean legitimately off her rocker.  If you're thinking it's not good to make fun of mental illness, I'm with you.  I have down periods, I understand fully.  ..But this lady is mean.  The guys in my group and I have decided that she has voodoo dolls of every one in the class and for funsies she sits around poking pins at random and laughing.  Bad stuff.

Good stuff = this semester ends November 29!   So I'm making a list of all the things I will do from November 30 through the end of December that I haven't been able to do since my classes started.  I'm getting my hobbies back with reckless abandon!


Fun, exciting things to do over the 
next month that I'm thankful for
    • Reading, reading, and more reading!!  All I've really been able to read for awhile have been textbooks, so I have stacks of books just waiting for me.  I also have some that I've been dying to read that I don't have yet.  I'm excited!
    • Music.  I listen to music all the time, but I like to be more interactive.  I grew up playing piano, but haven't had one in eons...and am afraid I don't remember crap.  Actually, I know I don't.  I wonder how cheaply you can buy a piano.  I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to keyboards (for me personally).  They don't have the same tone and definitely not the same key feel as the real deal to me.  (Nerd alert!)  Awhile ago, I bought a cheap acoustic guitar to teach  myself how to play, but I haven't had the time.  I don't seem to feel the same connection to it that I have with the piano, though...but the acoustic guitar does sound beautiful.  Hey, I already have it and it's more portable so it's somewhere to start!  It would be a good outlet for stress when classes resume...
    • Redecorating.  I have a good friend (Hey, CoCo!!) that is a master, a maestro, of interior design and creativity in general.  She and I are going to be doing some magic at my place.  Wheeee!  I bought some beautiful prints from a very talented illustrator named Ekaterina Koroleva, and I'm excited to be getting them in the mail soon.  She does such gorgeous work, especially her female portraits.  One of the portraits I bought is the image at the top of this post.  If you're interested, check out her website.  She's a sweetie, too!
    • Socializing.  Hey, guys, I can have a life again! Let's do something!! So some fun events, parties, and what have you are coming up.  Crazy, story-making kind of stuff!  Do you have some sparkly heels ready to be worn? 'Cause this girl does!  I don't have them with me to get a picture, so I'm just including a pic of a pair that I'd love to own!  Rowr 


Have a lovely Thanksgiving, all!


No comments: